A Trip Down The Memory Lane


I was walking alone along a desolate road. The sun was leaving its office in this part of the world. ....................................................................................................................................................I thought this was happiness. If there was something called contentment, this is it. I turned around and under a lamp, I found a green sign board.

I woke up in a daze and sat on my bed thinking of last evening.

Oh damn! I forgot .what happened? But I remember feeling happy. I would give my life to feel that again. But why was I happy? Oh! No, I can’t forget what happened. After feeling so happy, how can I forget the reason for my happiness?

Only thing I remember is the sign board saying the something lane.

I tossed restlessly in my bed. Why was I happy? Why was I happy?

Three days passed. But the question is still haunting me .What happened on ‘the ...... lane’? Where was this lane? Why was I happy?

Days passed into weeks and weeks into months and my life went on. But there was always some feeling of loss.I lost something on that lane. Almost immediately after I found something precious, I lost it. Hours of thinking, walks around my neighbourhood to find that mysterious lane could not bring it back. But what was it?

Almost five years have passed. My friends took me to an art exhibition.I moved from painting to painting disinterestedly. Then I came up to a painting called ‘twilight lady’. A mental image flashed and went away. After a minute’s flickering I found my ‘precious ‘.

I was walking alone along a desolate road. The sun was leaving its office in this part of the world. Then I saw her in the twilight. She glorified the entire scene. The lonely road seemed to be the liveliest of all places. She was like an aurora that gives warmth to cold places which would otherwise have been colder and gloomier.I smiled at her. She smiled back. That was it. I felt immensely happy.I would give my life to have that feeling forever.

I stood there with my eyes fixed at her till she and the sun disappeared from the horizon. I was engulfed in the darkness.

I turned around and under a lamp found a green signboard saying ‘The Memory Lane’.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi snehith ........u r writings or ur typings........r ......fentastic it directly gets into the heart

Popular Posts