The Seven Year Itch

Last night I could not sleep for a long time.It has happened several times during the holidays.No,don't think I am an insomniac . I have never listened to Enrique Iglesias.It was that itch again.That damn itch again-the itch to write.The itch's recent return was probably due to savouring the cocktail that was a bit strong-the mystery of Arthur Conan Doyle,the comedy of P.G.Wodehouse and the philosophy of Ayn Rand.

Seeing something being done creatively does induce the want to be creative.



The title is the name of a Marlyn Monroe movie .I found it appropriate for my story,so I adopted it .

The itch to write -may be this is part of bigger itch-the itch to show one's creativity.It began as I believe about 7 years ago.I had an essay writing competition in my school and I wanted to win the prize.Then occured the very first attack of this itch.The itch returned periodically when I had an essay writing competition or articles were asked for the school magazine.But during jee preparation days,the itch did not dare to show itself amidst all the confusion in my brain created by the concepts and formulae or may be it was gaining strength to avenge it's absence.Once jee was over with lot of free space in my mind ,I found that the itch has really gained strength.In the very beginning,it was a stimulated itch.The itch was there on my request as I wanted to win the prize.Now it's acting on it's will i.e it's itching for itching sake.May be it is one of the effects of the habit of reading.Sometimes quotes like "to read is human ,to write is divine " do instigate the itch to return more frequently.


This blog is attempt to satisfy this itch.So next time when you see some outrageous posts its just a desperate person satisfying his itch.But I do promise to do it as gracefully as I can.
p.s:this first post of mine will satisfy the itch for sometime.The nonsense has begun.

Comments

Popular Posts